PAS Congress Abstract Submission is Now Open
Abstract submission for the 2nd Pan American Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Congress is now open.
The deadline for 2018 abstract submissions is January 4, 2018 11:59 pm (CDT). Late submissions will not be accepted. If you require special permissions or authorizations with regards to your abstract, they must be received prior to submission. If you are unsure if you have applied for and received permission to use a rating scale owned by MDS, please visit the Rating Scales webpage for more information.
The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society invites all MDS members and non-members to submit an abstract for review for the 2018 PAS Congress. Please note the following criteria:
- There is no fee to submit an abstract
- All abstract submissions must be original research
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts that have been presented at other meetings may be submitted if they have not been published and if the meeting name and date are cited accordingly
- If your abstract is accepted, you must be prepared to travel to the PAS Congress to present your abstract on the assigned date
Abstract Submission Format
Please read the following section before submitting your abstract for review. To view examples of MDS abstracts, please visit the MDS Abstracts webpage.
Please limit the total abstract text to 2,500 characters (including spaces). The size limit includes Abstract Title and Abstract Body. The size limit for the abstract includes characters and spaces in the Abstract Title and Abstract Body. Please refrain from using special characters within the abstract text.
Abstracts should adhere to the following format:
- Objective (250 characters)
- Background (250 characters)
- Methods (750 characters)
- Results (750 characters)
- Conclusions (750 characters)
- References (up to two)
You will be asked to list the name, affiliation and e-mail for each co-author. However, all communications and notifications regarding abstract submissions will be sent only to the submitting author.
You may upload up to three files. The size limit for each file is 4MB.
The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word for which it stands. Non-proprietary (generic) drug names should be used and should be written without capital letters.
If you are including tables or figures within your abstract, you must enter the appropriate ID tag in the abstract body where you would like your tables and/or figures to appear. Tags must be entered as shown - [table1] for your first table; [table2] for your second table; [figure1] for your first figure; [figure2] for your second figure. You may upload the tables within the abstract submission system.
Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published in an electronic supplement to the Movement Disorders journal, online edition.
The sole means of abstract submission is through the online submission system.
Changes After Abstract Has Been Submitted Are Strongly Discouraged
If critical changes need to be made to your abstract content after it has been submitted, please request those changes by email to email@example.com. Changes will not be accepted after January 4, 2018.
The PAS Scientific Program Committee will review all abstracts in January 2018. Authors are required to select one category under which their abstract should be reviewed.
The Committee shall be directed to reject abstracts for the following causes:
- Plagiarism Detected
- Subject not related to the field of Movement Disorders
- Does not meet basic submission requirements
Please do not submit an abstract unless you are prepared to travel to the 2018 PAS Congress to present your research. Questions regarding the online abstract submission process or about the 2018 PAS Congress should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organizers of the PAS Congress will be selecting two abstracts to receive Junior Awards. Authors may indicate that they would like to be considered for an award in the submission system.
- The award will be restricted to individuals ages 40 or younger on the closing date of the application
- Applicants will have a clinical and/or basic science degree
- Applications can only be submitted by MDS members
- Applicants will be the first authors of their submitted abstracts