The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society invites all MDS members and non-members to submit an abstract for review for the 2018 PAS Congress.
Please note the following criteria:
- There is no fee to submit an abstract
- All abstract submissions must be original research
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts that have been presented at other meetings may be submitted if they have not been published and if the meeting name and date are cited accordingly
- If your abstract is accepted, you must be prepared to travel to the PAS Congress to present your abstract on the assigned date
Please read the following section before submitting your abstract for review. To view examples of MDS abstracts, please visit the MDS Abstracts webpage. The sole means of abstract submission is through the online submission system.
Please limit the total abstract text to 2,500 characters (including spaces). The size limit includes Abstract Title and Abstract Body. The size limit for the abstract includes characters and spaces in the Abstract Title and Abstract Body. Please refrain from using special characters within the abstract text.
Abstracts should adhere to the following format:
- Objective (250 characters)
- Background (250 characters)
- Methods (750 characters)
- Results (750 characters)
- Conclusions (750 characters)
- References (up to two)
You will be asked to list the name, affiliation and e-mail for each co-author. However, all communications and notifications regarding abstract submissions will be sent only to the submitting author.
You may upload up to three files. The size limit for each file is 4MB.
The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word for which it stands. Non-proprietary (generic) drug names should be used and should be written without capital letters.
If you are including tables or figures within your abstract, you must enter the appropriate ID tag in the abstract body where you would like your tables and/or figures to appear. Tags must be entered as shown - [table1] for your first table; [table2] for your second table; [figure1] for your first figure; [figure2] for your second figure. You may upload the tables within the abstract submission system.
Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published in an electronic supplement to the Movement Disorders journal, online edition.
The PAS Scientific Program Committee will review all abstracts in January 2018. Authors are required to select one category under which their abstract should be reviewed.
The Committee shall be directed to reject abstracts for the following causes:
- Plagiarism detected
- Subject not related to the field of Movement Disorders
- Does not meet basic submission requirements